Clear your Calendars- It’s National Pest Management Month!
It’s holiday time. Christmas happened so long ago that you just shipped off your last ‘thank-you’ card and your neighbor finally took down his festive lights that not-so-tastefully made the street look like a burgeoning Las Vegas. Valentine’s Day is so far removed that you finally have been to the gym enough to shed off the pounds put on from all those post-Valentine’s Day candy sales. Easter, Memorial Day, and the Fourth are all right around the corner. Yet, we all know that the holiday world revolves around April and National Pest Management Month !
As all the Hallmark cards will indicate, it’s a month to celebrate and honor the professional pest control service providers across the country. Pest professionals are dedicated to protecting families, homes, and businesses from pest-borne threats including property damage and health risks. You can do your part too! During the month of April the National Pest Management Association recommends taking the following steps to prevent pest infestations:
- Seal up cracks and small openings along the foundation of the house.
- Eliminate sources of moisture or standing water.
- Keep tree branches and other plants cut back from the house.
- Keep kitchens clean by wiping counters and emptying the garbage frequently.
- Keep all food containers sealed.
- Avoid leaving pets’ food dishes out for long periods of time.
- Keep trash containers clean and sealed, both indoors and outdoors.
- Place screens on windows and doors.
- If you see signs of pests or suspect an infestation, contact a licensed pest professional .
Remember that you can do your share to help prevent pest infestations in your home. Also remember that pests (bugs, insects, and rodents) fear EcoShield Pest Control more than Chuck Norris and the heel of your boot combined!