Maintaining a Barier
Much like with our own personal health, when there is a pest problem, we tend to focus only on the immediate problem. Many pests continue to breed and stay active year round. In fact a home usually becomes more vulnerable to pest pressure pushing inside when it cools down. Combine this with the fact that each season also presents a wave of new seasonal pest problems and the need for continued pest service on a home becomes critical.
We recommend a maintenance service cycle that follows the four seasons shown below:
Spikes during the spring making it crucial to establish and preserve a barrier.
Peaks during the summer because of voracious eating andoptimal living conditions making use of fast acting products critical.
Starts in the fall and continues as temperatures cool down making treatment of entry points a priority.
Conservation of energy and resources during the winter makes wall injections and crack and crevice applications a must while pests are vulnerable.
Tips – things you can do to help:
- Fix any water leaks or standing water areas
- Put away food and dirty dishes
- Wash pet bowls after each use and feed indoors
- Trim vegetation, cut back overhanging branches, and clean any piles of leaves
- Keep trash bins contained and clean as well as the area you store the bins