Zika Is Kinda Awful
Zika Is Kinda Awful!
- Zika is most common in tropical areas
- Spread through mosquitoes
◦ also through having sex with someone infected.
- Using protection is best way to prevent spreading to partner
- Best way to prevent is to prevent mosquito bites
◦ EPA-registered insect repellant
◦ cover arms and legs
◦ remove standing water around house
- Infected blood remains for the first week
◦ avoid being bit by mosquitos to avoid spreading
There is still no vaccine or medicine for Zika.
Many people infected with Zika virus won’t have symptoms or will only have mild
symptoms. the most common are:
• Joint Pain
• Red Eyes
• Muscle Pain
To avoid Zika, avoid mosquitos and people who enjoy mosquito bites…
The current major concern of Zika is with pregnant women. Zika can cause a birth defect called microcephaly, which basically means the baby will be born with a smaller than normal head, as well as severe fetal brain defects. If you live in or near warmer tropical areas, such as California, Alabama, Florida, Illinois be sure to ask what EcoShield can do to help limit the mosquito population around your home.
*general information gathered from cdc.gov